This updated version will gradually replace Banner 8 Self-Service; therefore, App State
employees should begin to familiarize themselves with the new dashboard.
Like they did in Banner 8, employees will use Banner 9 to:
● enter timesheets;
● view leave balances;
● view pay stubs, direct deposit information and deductions;
● view benefits and tax information
● and more.
How to access Employee: Banner 9 Self-Service
1. Go to appalnet.appstate.edu and select “Log into Employee Self Service.”
2. Log in with your App State username and password.
After logging in, you will see a dashboard with these tabs: General, Employees and, if
● Use the “General” tab to access Banner 8 Self-Service, if needed. Please remember that
these pages will soon be migrated to Banner 9 Self-Service.
● Use the “Employees” tab to view your new Employee Dashboard.
● If applicable, use the “Finance” tab to access Banner 8 finance data (access required).
These will be transitioned to Banner 9 finance pages at a later date.
As additional features are added to Banner 9 Self-Service, Business Systems will notify the
If you have questions or need assistance with Banner 9 Self-Service please contact:
● IT Support Services help desk at 828-262-6266
● Office of Human Resources at 828-262-3187
● Payroll Department in the Office of the Controller at 828-262-6422.